How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 10477
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your European Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Someone has assaulted me punched me In The face multiple

This answer was rated:

Someone has assaulted me punched me In The face multiple times. Can I sue them?
How much would it cost and what can I get out of it?

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you this evening.

Potentially yes you can though if the Police were involved you can submit a claim to the CICA (criminal injuries compensation authority). Were the Police involved? If not, do you have the offender's name and address?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your response,
Yes we have the offenders name and address
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He also tried to strangle me and left red marks on my neck
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How much would I be able to get out of this compensation case?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If I claimed for emotional trauma

It would depend on the extent of the injuries (physical and non-physical). Without medical reports it would be difficult to say what the claim is worth - medical reports are used in injury cases for valuation. If you have emotional trauma, a psychologist should be instructed. And an expert for the physical injuries too - ideally a no win no fee law firm would act for you and arrange the medical reports. The valuation also depends how long you suffer for - injuries where you recover within a year are up to £5,000 or thereabouts. More for multiple injuries and if you suffer for longer then again it will increase.

Would you like a couple of recommendations for law firms?.

Bear in mind if you sue that person, success depends if they have money or not. The CICA would be a better option as they will compensate you if you are a victim of violence (and the Police were notified).

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That’s fine you have been of great help five stars

Many thanks, ***** ***** good evening.


JimLawyer and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you