Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

What are required threshold qualities of actionable verbal

what are required threshold qualities of actionable verbal attack, in EU/ UK? thanks

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I am currently out of my office travelling and working from my laptop. I will therefore be unable to speak to you, but another legal expert may pick up your enquiry.

If you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Unless someone has threatened you and placed you in an immediate fear of violence, or incited others to commit violence, or published remarks based on a protected characteristic such as race or gender, generally people can say whatever they like and the law will not intervene.

There is the law of defamation and libel where you can sue if someone publishes a negative remark which is untrue and likely to cause financial harm, but the claimant must issue court proceedings within one year of the statement being published.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd