JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Im in small claims court on Friday, representing myself I

Im in small claims court on Friday, representing myselfI have read that as a litigant in person I am able to claim costs for the preparation usually at £19 PH, plus travel and lost wages for myself and witness capped at £95.Is this correct?
Do I need to send to the court 24 hours before the case?
Do I also need to send to the defendant?Thanks

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Yes, you can claim that sum under rule 46.5 of the CPR (www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part-46-costs-special-cases#46.5). You should prepare an N260 statement of costs and send to both the court and the other side, before the hearing. You have the hearing on Friday - I recommend you post them tomorrow and also bring copies with you on Friday, then ask the Judge assuming you succeed and win the case. I attach the N260 for your information.

I hope this helps – if you can please give a positive rating by clicking 5 stars (at the top of your screen), I can answer any follow up questions at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thanks.
does it have to be on n260 form?
it says fast track trial on the form
this is small claims?

It should be on the form, yes. You can cross out the reference to fast track.

Let me know if you have any other queries. Many thanks

Customer: replied 7 days ago.