ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws

Hi good morning,
Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My question regards ***** ***** court as my appeal is with the EU
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes, however the appeal has been denied due to a deadline that the lawyer has not met
Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: therefore I was wondering whether there is something else that could be done to get our hearing forward. As this is a negligence of the lawyer and not ourselves or the case

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see fi I may be of assistance.

Kindly explain your situation a bit more for me please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi good morning,
My father passed away from asbestos cancer and we had our appeal due to be presented at the EU courts after failing the hearings in Malta ( where my family is from and where the incident happened). Our lawyer failed to submit all the necessary documents in time and has missed the deadline. I will attach the letter we received from the EU court.
I was wondering there is anything that could be done to put our appeal forward and still have it seen to, as this is clearly the lawyers negligence and nothing to do with the case itself.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Letter

Thank you for the additional information.

I really am sorry to hear what has happened with respect to how your lawyers’ handling of your case.

it seems the matter was not heard as the relevant documents were not submitted to the court. I note however, that you received a 6 month window within which to do so. I am not clear as to whether that time has since expired. You will need to examine. Perhaps it is worth contacting the registrar of the court to ascertain whether you may make an application to the court for permission to extend time to allow for your case to be heard. It is certainly worth a try.

with respect to the lawyer, I recommend that you make a formal written complaint as to how your case was handled.this may be done through the Chmaber of Advocates inMalta. Please see below information as to how to go about doing this:

https://www.avukati.org/faqs/

I hope I was able to put things into perspective for you.

kindly let me know whether I may be of further assistance.

I ask kindly that you indicate by clicking on the stars on the top of the screen whether you accept the answer that has been given.

all the best

RL