ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

Hallo,. My question is this. I was born in London in

Hallo,my name is***** question is this. I was born in London in 18/08/1972. I phoned the home office last year to ask whether I was a
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: sorry,I was born in London on 18/08/1972..but my parents were immigrants from Spain.my father came here in 1966.and my mother in 1969.my question is, that I asked the home office last year whether I was a British citizen,and they said yes,but in order for things to be easier for me ,the home office said I needed a British passport, is that true?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no. I just made an enquiry about my status in this country. They said I was ok,but it would be beneficial in the long run to have a British passport. I have a Spanish passport.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that’s ok I just wanted to know if I could use a Spanish passport after brexit. I’m a bit scared because I’ve heard a few scenarios about what could happen
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good day, your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Based on what you have said, you may be able to apply for your British citizenship either on the basis of having being born in the UK or as an EU citizen.

either way, the advise given is correct, if you intend to make the UK your home, I would urge you to apply for your British citizenship, which will ultimately be conclusive evidence of your right to remain in the UK, irrespective of the outcome of Brexit.

I hope I have put things into perspective for you.

kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

I ask kindly that you indicate whether you have accepted the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top of the screen.

All the best

RL