JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

FAO:, how are you? I hope you are staying safe with your

FAO:JImHi Jim, how are you? I hope you are staying safe with your family.I have received the attached order from the courts. Really I want this postponing as I look to find a legal representative. This is made more difficult now that we have the virus and no one is buying property and as such I cant release the funds to pay for my legal advice.1) Can I get this postponed?
2) Or do you think I should do this part and then find someone later?
3) What would you do if you were me?Best regards,Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for this. I hope you're keeping well.

You could get this postponed if the other side agree too. If they do not, you have to attend the hearing by telephone and ask the judge that the proceedings are stayed (pending your house sales and with the virus etc). You could ask for 6 months or more. So first thing to do is ask the claimant solicitors for their agreement - give them 7 days to reply. Say that if they do not reply, you will ask the judge at the hearing for an order that the matter is stayed.

This is what I would do anyway - the judge has the power at the telephone hearing to stay the matter and postpone the CCMC hearing for another date in future.

I hope this helps?

Thanks,

Jim