How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 8148
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your European Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

FAO:, how are you? I hope you are staying safe with your

This answer was rated:

FAO:JImHi Jim, how are you? I hope you are staying safe with your family.I have received the attached order from the courts. Really I want this postponing as I look to find a legal representative. This is made more difficult now that we have the virus and no one is buying property and as such I cant release the funds to pay for my legal advice.1) Can I get this postponed?
2) Or do you think I should do this part and then find someone later?
3) What would you do if you were me?Best regards,Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for this. I hope you're keeping well.

You could get this postponed if the other side agree too. If they do not, you have to attend the hearing by telephone and ask the judge that the proceedings are stayed (pending your house sales and with the virus etc). You could ask for 6 months or more. So first thing to do is ask the claimant solicitors for their agreement - give them 7 days to reply. Say that if they do not reply, you will ask the judge at the hearing for an order that the matter is stayed.

This is what I would do anyway - the judge has the power at the telephone hearing to stay the matter and postpone the CCMC hearing for another date in future.

I hope this helps?



JimLawyer and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you