SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

It’s malaika again, I wanted to ask when I attach the

Hi - it’s malaika again, I wanted to ask when I attach the doctors note, are they legally allowed to contact my doctor to discuss details. Or is the note sufficient?

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. They may want clarification if the letter is not clear or doesnt cover everything they would deem necessary so they could ask further questions. However due to the data protection regulations it would not happen without your consent. The doctor may say in their letter for them not to hesitate to contact him/her if they need his/her further input. But if the letter doesnt say this the bank will need your authority to get any further detail from your doctor. All the best

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That seems perfect - thank you for your quick response.