JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

FAO:Jim Jim, How are you? I have not sent you any questions

FAO:JimHi Jim,How are you? I have not sent you any questions for a while and it must be bliss lol. I have until the end of July to sort the witness statements. I have 6 witnesses and I want to do it right and in a legal way so the other side cannot get anything struck out.1) I have attached 2 documents, the first is the invitation letter for the person (Chris the engineer in this case) I need a statement. I have asked what I need his comments on and have helped with the understanding of the question. Is this OK to do it this way?2) The second document is the witness statement template I will provide to each witness. I want them to comment directly on the particulars of claim against me and have put this in the template. Is this OK too?3) I believe I may have sold my property subject to contract. Therefore I would like to engage directly with a Barrister. Can you recommend where I can find a suitable one in the Northwest of England. The area of speciality should ideally be in fraudulent misrepresentation.As always Jim, thank you so so much.Best regards,Mike
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (SMS1175)

Hi Mike,

Good to hear from you.

Thanks for this, so as follows :

1. that looks fine, he may wonder if he is required to attend court. I would say that in all likehood there will not be a hearing as most cases settle but remind him everything he says must be true to the best of his knowledge (the judge will read it).

2. I would not recommend you set out the statement that way as it looks like you are persuading them or coaching them - just send them a one or two page questionnaire with those comments, and ask them to put their say in the witness statement. Trust me on this one - a witness in this case must give their own opinion but no harm in you putting questions to them to guide them on a separate sheet.

3. No.5 chambers are good - you're in Liverpool aren't you? https://www.no5.com/public-access

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Jim

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Jim, Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in mine. Yes the court is in Liverpool. I will open up a new question to continue this.Speak soon.Mike