Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
108775951

My daughters boyfriend lives with us in Oxford but was

My daughters boyfriend lives with us in Oxford but was arrested and charged with a crime in hull. Should we use a local Oxfordshire solicitor or would it be better to get one from hull? It is going to crown court

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

In answer to your question, it doesn't actually matter all that much. With Crown Court cases solicitors tend to instruct barristers to deal with the hearings. They will instruct a barrister in Hull or nearby to that area when the hearing date approaches.

You'll probably find it more convenient to hire a solicitor in Oxford in case you need to go in to see the solicitor for advice/ sign documents etc.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions.