ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I'm trying to close my father's bank account in Hungary

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I'm trying to close my father's bank account in Hungary because he died last April and I need the advice of Hungarian speaking lawyer.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have a death certificate and relevant account details
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The account was in joint names with his friend, although drew out all her money a couple years back, she not making claims on the balance in the account. She too is trying to help me resolve this matter.
Category: European Law
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I live in London United Kingdom
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Hungary, where we do not have active professionals.

As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept.

Or, we can close your question page for you and issue a refund, if you prefer.

Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 4 days ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 4 days ago.

Thanks for your enquiry and your patience.

You are correct this issue is best sorted out by a Hungarian Solicitor. Here is a list of a number of Hungarian Solicitors in the UK, they may be able to assist with locating someone to assist.

https://solicitors.guru/hungarian+solicitors-in-london/

Hope this helps. All the best. RL