How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 1954
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your European Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I'm trying to close my father's bank account in Hungary

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I'm trying to close my father's bank account in Hungary because he died last April and I need the advice of Hungarian speaking lawyer.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have a death certificate and relevant account details
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The account was in joint names with his friend, although drew out all her money a couple years back, she not making claims on the balance in the account. She too is trying to help me resolve this matter.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: European Law
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I live in London United Kingdom
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.


Thank you for contacting

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Hungary, where we do not have active professionals.

As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept.

Or, we can close your question page for you and issue a refund, if you prefer.

Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,


Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 4 days ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 4 days ago.

Thanks for your enquiry and your patience.

You are correct this issue is best sorted out by a Hungarian Solicitor. Here is a list of a number of Hungarian Solicitors in the UK, they may be able to assist with locating someone to assist.

Hope this helps. All the best. RL