How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 2743
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your European Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I have requested a phone unlock and paid. It will take

Customer Question

I have requested a phone unlock and paid. It will take several days for the phone to unlock however Vodaphone will send me a code for free. I have asked the previous company to cease what they are doing and refund me my money. Apparently I agreed to their terms and conditions when I paid them through PayPal. The are referring me to the t's and c's however I want / need my money back. What are my options to demand refund please?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 23 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Unfortunately not all requests and purchases made online can be cancelled and refunded. Electronics, downloads, codes etc are certainly items that fall into this category.

When making such requests, unfortunately you do need to take care of the companies terms and conditions. Once a request has bean made and they Strat to process the request you are bound to that. So, sorry to say but you would not be in a position to obtain a refund unless the company chose to do so willingly.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Would PayPal be able to assist?
Expert:  james bruce replied 23 days ago.

You could certainly try them to raise a refund, but legally there is no obligation.

Expert:  james bruce replied 23 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance.