james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a cease and desist letter which needs to be signed by

I have a cease and desist letter which needs to be signed by the 5th May. Would you help me work with these lawyers. I don't know what i'm signing so I would like you to take a look at it for me and advise me the best route to go down.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.
Would you like to attach a copy of the letter?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi James, I run an online clothing store. We have been selling a style of sandal that unbeknown to me are they same style a brand called "Hermes" sell. Their lawyers have put a 3/4 page document together explaining I now owe them £4,600 and this document needs to be signed by the 5th May 21. Their lawyer has actually brought the sandals from our website and this is all included within the document.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've attached the letter for you. If you could take a look at it and let me know what you think I should do or what my options are. Many thanks

Thank you for that additional information, that will be helpfull in allowing me to advise you today.
I have looked at that letter, it clearly states that the item you are selling appears to be in direct breach of intellectual property rights that is trademark and or copyright.

The cease and desist is offering to settle for the amount stated and they advice that a full claim of €500,000 could be liable. So the amount they are willing to settle for is very good. You also need to stop with immediate affect selling the items and must destroy all copies that you have.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
if I sign this agreement and pay the amount they’re asking for that will be it?

Yes that would be the undertaking.

Can I assist further?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi James, Do you think it would be possible to negotiate a payment plan with them when paying the sum they’re asking for?

Of course, there is no harm in asking of you can do that. There main interest will be to stop future sales.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok great, thank you for your help.

Your very welcome, good luck.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.