SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My legal problem is very complex, I need a phone call please

Customer Question

My legal problem is very complex, I need a phone call please instead of a chat reply please
Category: European Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 14 days ago.

Hi welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and happy to speak to you but I must know what your dispute is about even briefly in order to know if I am the right expert, Also calls charge an additional small fee which you will have to agree to before speaking to me,

Hi I will be logging off shortly, hope to speak to you in the morning,

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have been asked to attend a voluntary interview at the police station. In a nutshell, I was in a brief relationship with someone who is known by police to have a violent history towards women. I was approached by social services and warned that he had a violent history and to not have him around my children. 4 months into our relationship he assaulted me and smashed up my car and phone. I ended the relationship after this and he harassed me which I reported to police, he was arrested and released on bail pending investigation. A month ago I got drunk and messaged him saying if he didn’t give me £1000 I would publish his gay chat history from Grindr app. I messaged him the next day to say I didn’t mean it and was sorry. I now need to explore whether I am better off going no comment/not guilty or admitting my wrongdoing and stating all the reasons that led to me doing it, and that my mental health was severely affected by being assaulted and harassed which contributed to me snapping and sending those messages. Many thanks
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I am assuming you would have been accused of blackmailing him. He will have evidence of your message so you cannot deny you sent it , but yes show remorse and explain that your senses were dimished due to the trauma and you never meant to tell him to make any payment as this is out of character for you.

I hope that a colleague has managed to call you as there is a note you did have the call offer but I am not able to action on it has since expired for me to accept. All the best.