How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 4744
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your European Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

If an individual has made 200 calls to the police regarding

Customer Question

If an individual has made 200 calls to the police regarding a crime being committed and 199 of them have been rejected by the police will the 200th call be treated in connection with the other previous incidents or will it be treated in isolation of the other 199 rejected calls?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If a report is made to police , the report should be treated independently to previous reports.
That does not mean that the same outcome will be applied.

Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is their anything in Scottish or British law that states treating several reports individually?
Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

It is common law, that means it is the way it has been established.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
where does it say in the code of law the reference to show solicitors?
Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

Sorry I do not understand what you are asking, please clarify.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
im looking for references in the police powers and procedures acts to show solicitors? What section does it come under?
Expert:  james bruce replied 11 days ago.

There are many difference acts that the police use, including PACE.

You would need to be far more detailed in your question to find the exact act. If you are dealing with a solicitor they will find the relevent act to deal with your case.