james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I answer bail tomorrow at the police station, what generally

Customer Question

I answer bail tomorrow at the police station, what generally happens, do I go back in a police cell or do they just tell me if they are charging me or not. What do I expect to happen.
Thankyou
Category: European Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

When you answer bail, you are booked back into custody on the system. Then if officers need to re interview you, you maybe out into a cell until they are ready. If not, then either you will be released form bail with no further action, or if a senior officer approves the bail could be extended if further enquiries need to be made, or, you could be charged with the offence and released on police bail to attend court.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.