How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 5591
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your European Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

We have rented a house in Greece and would like to be able

This answer was rated:

We have rented a house in Greece and would like to be able to stay longer than within the Shenzhen agreement, how do we go about doing this
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I’m citizens are looking to retire in about 4 years and are testing the waters before we commit
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: uk citizens
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Good afternoon, welcome to just answer x

I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Please note that although I can guide you, just answer doesn’t provide legal representation and as such no Solicitor/client relationship is formed. Bear with me whilst I fully review your request.

If you are planning to go and not yet in Greece then you must apply for a long term visa if you need to be there for longer than the visa free period. You are not able to extend that period from within Greece unfortunately unless coincidentally there is a travel ban whilst you are there and you can’t travel back to the Uk.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message, I am glad to clarify for you. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We are not in Greece at the moment but fling back and forth

I have been notified of your call request, are you happy for me to call? Please note the call is charged the fixed small fee indicated when the offer was made to you,

SolicitorRM and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you

If you are going to be there for more than 90 days in 180 days you face the risk of getting the 600 to 1200Euros fine. Just consider applying for the long-term national visa instead. See form here: