james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My court hearing is tomorrow. My charges are Driving

Hi, my court hearing is tomorrow. My charges are
Driving uninsured
Possession of class b drugs (marijuana 1.5 to 2 grams max)
Driving whilst under the influence of marijuanaMy prior offence is a motoring offence of driving without due care and attention cd10 back in 2016. I have no other previous convictions or offencesI want to know what my most likely punishment will be and if I will potentially be facing a jail time? I have three dependants and I'm worried

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thankyou , I remember our earlier conversation. I just wanted some reassurance and advice on what to say in court

Sorry to hear what has happened.

You will be able to use the duty solicitor at court tomorrow to help you.

The offences as you list them.

The driving with no insurance would normally carry a fine and six points on the licence.

The possession of cannabis such a small amount personal use would be a fine.

The most serious offence is the driving under the influence of drugs. That can carry a custodial sentence. But not normally.

You will be disqualified from driving for at least 12 months. There will also be a fine, and possibly a community punishment order.

Use the duty solicitor that is what they are there for.

They will speak for you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thankyou very much for the help

Your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is the 12month driving ban a guarantee, or is there anything that can happen for this to not happen

It is a minimum mandatory ban.