frantzgregory
frantzgregory,
80411141

I purchased a service. My main concern is that they say we

I purchased a service. My main concern is that they say we agreed a settlement of half price to what I paid of £250. I agreed that the £250 will be our settlement. Based on this, can they counterclaim to sue me back instead and seek more money for time waste etc? Is it risky for me to sue them because of this?

Hello, thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your question, I appreciate that it is important that you find the appropriate answer as soon as possible.
Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. I will do my best to answer your question in the best possible way, I would kindly ask that you give me a moment to review your question and I will revert to you as soon as possible

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello, please see the attached email from the service provider. Are they correct to assume that I cannot sue them because we have already settled?

You have no case. You agreed a settlement and the money was paid into your account.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay, but to give you a better idea, please see two attachments. One is the service provider's letter of apology and the other is my N1 form. Do I still have no case?

Did you agree to settle?

Did you agree to a settlement

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure, but here are some documents attached that my reveal the answer whether i agreed to a settlement or not.I think I possibly did if I said the following in the document called 'yahoo email re: without prejudice':"Further to your email this evening. I do not except your settlement offer of £250. This amount is still far less than exceptional.However I am offering you three options now:(1) I am willing to wait for your payment to settle for £350 if you need time to raise money. Just let me know how much time you need and I will consider this.(2) for £300 you may take time to pay me depending if I except the duration. I would also require an official letter of apology from Ms Naseem and Ms Nadia. I know you have apologised previously. However I do not feel it did justice.(3) for £250 I would require an official letter of apology from Ms Naseem and Ms Nadia along with your promise to take responsibility and improve your business practice related to the issues I have raised.The letters of apology are only to sooth and calm my conscious. All three options will give you my promise not to give you any negative publicity. I will end our relationship as consumer and service provider and not pursue any disagreement regarding our settlement or bring about any new statement against you regarding these matters in a court of law against you or anybody acting on your behalf within any official or legal capacity or otherwise".What is your opinion?In their earlier messages, they also talked about a 14-day cooling-off period.

You should hire a lawyer to assist you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you saying that there is still hope that I could win the case if I proceeded?

I am not saying such as you appear to have agreed a settlement but if you disagree you need to hire a lawyer to deal with this for you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If I lose, can they sue me instead? What will this mean for me?

They have paid you off what is there for them to sue you for?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
From the start they refused to pay me back in full, which they should have as they admitted their mistakes in the letter. I made the mistake of offering them an option later. I had no legal support to guide me then. My point is, as they are saying in their letter, they plan to take action against me if I sued them because I settled with a lower amount. However, they should have paid me back in full when I first asked them

That's why you should have sought legal advice

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay, well, thank you for your help in advising me. Unfortunately, I did not know about JustAnswer.com back then. It has been a difficult journey for me with them, which put me in therapy. I feel I can let the matter go now in my mind and move on with my life. At the end of the day, God knows they let me down and mistreated me and refused to pay me back in full. If there is nothing else, then I thank you again for your advice and helping me find closure.Regards,Murtaza
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also, just to say, they may not be able to sue me for money but the additional condition they added and made me agree to was for me promising not to talk negatively about them in public. Obviously they are scared of bad exposure due to their wrong doings which others are also falling victim, even today. My therapist reminded me.

Sure