RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Second opinion for Criminal Law interpretation and Defense.

Customer Question

Second opinion for Criminal Law interpretation and Defense. I was accused of breaking the law with regards ***** ***** Quarantine. I recently returned from a trip to another country. While I was away, the Covid rules changed and I was unaware of the full changes. I attended a meeting when I returned and someone accusedme of breaking the Covid rules as an unvaccinated person. When I returned home, I researched the rules and the NHS confirmed over the phone that I had Exempt Status and did not have to quarantine. For a purely technical and administrative reason, the Covid Pass digital certificate was not available to download. I went out the next day and that same person accused me of being a law breaker. My defense is that I had an exemption and that not yet having the physical certificate did not mean that I had to be forced to quarantine when I didn't have to. Can you please share the legal position about this defense?
Category: European Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
answer the question or refer me to someone else. the question is posted
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Ok, all the best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
you picked up the question and said you would answer it and you did not and you ask me what I want? I am confused. Please release the question so that I can get the answer I am seeking
Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you. Look forward to the answer
Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

Thank you.  From the information you have given me, it seems you have been told by the relevant body that you are were exempt.   Therefore if you can show this to be the case, the absence of the certificate should not matter provided you can show this retrospectively and the authorisation for exemption was in place at the time of the alleged offence.  If there is a legal issue about this I would advise instructing a solicitor however, from what you have stated, I don't think you should have an issue.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.