Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Missed the deadline EUSS, London UK, just checked if I was

Customer Question

Missed the deadline EUSS
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: just checked if I was eligible for the EUSS after the deadline on 2021 and I am apparently
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Been working in EU as self employed since 2018 and I missed and I checked these:Customer: Chat is completed
Category: European Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I’m Solicitor4All, a law Expert with over 15 years of experience practice. Thank you for the enquiry. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Wjat is your justification for eligibility?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hey there, I just checked with a paralegal and apparently I meet these criteria
1. You didn't have access to internet or
relevant documents
2. You didn't know that you can apply
3. You have been working in EU for at least 3 years
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’m a EU citizen
Thank you for your patience. If you missed the deadline and you were here on 31 December 2020 and left to work in EU and you were prevented from returning by something compelling or exceptional eg hospitalisation then you could still apply and appeal to the ukvi based on the compelling and exceptional circumstances. If you were just home and self employed and could have come back by 30 June 2021 then regrettably they will say no.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always glad to assist you and to clarify anything. All the best.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’ve been to London by October 2020 with my ID and I was looking for a commercial shop to rent, then due to outbreak I had to go back in Italy in my own business. Then again I’ve been traveling to uk in November 2021 and further on multiple times 2022

You needed to have been here on 31 December 2020 though, if you left in October you would not have been here at the relevant time,

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Does it matter if my partner is a British citizen?

It doesn’t, if they are a British citizen then a visitor visa will not be hard to secure. Before brexit you could easily  as long as you travellled with your eea nationsl family