james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Can i send a silver spoon from czech republic to uk in

Customer Question

can i send a silver spoon from czech republic to uk in parcel?It is new spoon NOT an antique.
Josef
Category: European Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 14 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

There is no legal reason why you cannot send a new silver spoon to the UK from your country.

You would of course need to declare this on any customs documents and the person receiving the item may need to pay duty or customs fee on the item, but there is no other legal implications in doing so.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.