Nina Caldera
Nina Caldera,
Experience:  dasdasd
116957906

Romanian legitimacy law: Does Romanian law recognize

Customer Question

Romanian legitimacy law: Does Romanian law recognize legitimacy by subsequent marriage after a child is born (later divorced)? Especially if the marriage happened in the UK and it was not registered with the embassy as Romanian law requires?
Category: European Law
Expert:  Nina Caldera replied 20 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** am specialized in international legal advice and today I am going to help you with your inquiry.

Dear client, your case is a bit complicated. I have to investigate several details before giving you an advice. As soon as I have a clear answer, I will be happy to respond to your query.

In the meantime, if you have any other important information to tell me, it would be very helpful.

Thank you for trusting JustAnswer!

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Many thanks Nina - and nice to meet you! I'm basically in the middle of a family court case around my son's biological father applying for contact to support his immigration case - he disappeared for 10 years after my son was born and has now come back looking for PR. He feels he automatically has PR, based on the fact that we got married after he was born (we divorced shortly after), and has used UK's legitimacy law. He's Nigerian, and is using the law of his domicile (Nigeria) to claim my son has legitimacy as per Nigerian law. I've argued conflict of laws, saying laws from my domicile, of Romania, needs to be considered too, and was keen to find out what Romanian law states in terms of legitimacy by subsequent marriage after birth.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The marriage isn't recognised by Romanian law btw, as far as I know, as Romania requires it to be registered at an embassy to have official recognition I think

Dear customer, nice to meet you. Thank you for the additional information, it was very helpful.

Unfortunately I do not have much experience in Romanian law, but as general information I can tell you that if you were married and you never legalized it before a Romanian institution it can be considered as null and void, but if the divorce certificate is legalized in Romania it can help you to prove the existence of the marriage union.

In any case, it is best that you contact a Romanian lawyer directly to get better advice on this legal process. Here are some legal professionals who can help you:

Strada Buzesti 75 - 77, Sector 1, Bucharest

011, Romania

Phone: +4021(###) ###-####/p>

Email:***@******.***

Cabinet Avocat Mădălina Scutelnicu

Sibiu, Romania -

Phone: +40 730 203 310

I hope this information has been helpful, if you have any other questions let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Thank you for trusting JustAnswer!

Dear customer, did he answer your question? If not, please let me know and I'll be happy to answer your questions.

If you wish, you can add me as a favorite expert for future consultation. My name is @NinaC0418.

Thank you for trusting JustAnswer!