Nina Caldera
Nina Caldera,
Experience:  dasdasd
116957906

I wish to take my wifes ashes home to the family in Sweden.

I wish to take my wifes ashes home to the family in Sweden. She was cremated on the 7th July, her name is***** Robinson and she renewed her passport in London just over a year ago,
JA: What specific product are you working with?
Customer: I
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been waiting for the funeral directors but they say that they cannot contact you to ask what is required to send the ashes home to the family in Vasteras
JA: Is there anything else the Electronics Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I dont think so
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** am specialized in international legal advice and today I am going to help you with your inquiry.

Dear customer, I am very sorry to hear about your wife. Please be aware that the repatriation of the ashes is a costly and complicated process due to the many formalities and requirements to be fulfilled. I recommend that you contact the Swedish embassy or its office to find out about the procedure and the fees to be paid for the approval of the transfer.

For the transfer of ashes it is advisable to travel with the Death Certificate from the country of death (translated if necessary), the family's permission for the transfer, the Cremation Certificate and a statement from the funeral company indicating the contents of the box of ashes.

Nina Caldera,
Experience: dasdasd
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for your comments but we have all that. We also have a cost from the funeral company to transport the ashes and you are correct it is costly. However, we have everything that we know of and that you mentioned and are ready to go but someone said" have you contacted the Swedisg Embassy"? The trouble with the Swedish Embassy is that the web site is rubbish and does not provide an avenue for this type of situation and it is impossible to phone and talk to someone because of the automated system they employ. Hence here we are communicating.
If we have all the things that you have mentioned and have completed all the paperwork required as far as the company knows of, are ok to go. I have my wifes family and friends in Sweden waiting to have a ceremony and put the ashes within the family plot.

I understand, dear customer, have you tried to contact the embassy by email? Is it difficult for you to go to their headquarters to process these papers directly?

In any case, here are the contact details of the embassy:

https://www.swedenabroad.se/es/embajada/united-kingdom-london/contact/