How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 35493
Experience:  Many years of outpatient practice managing eye injuries and common disorders
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

My optician has given me new reading glasses. There is small

Customer Question

My optician has given me new reading glasses. There is small sized print at the bottom of most Compact Disc covers about copywrite and trademark details which I am unable to read without using a magnifying glass in addition to my new reading glasses. Would I be in my rights to refuse to pay for the glasses until they are made to a stronger prescription?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi and sorry for the delay but your question just became available. You need to talk to the optician himself and have your vision checked again with the new glasses. Most likely the prescription he wrote was not the one in the new lenses and a new set needs to be made under his specifications. And yes, you shouldn't pay for glasses that don't work