How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11885
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I went to specsavers yesterday as past few months I

Customer Question

I went to specsavers yesterday as for the past few months I havvnt been able to see properly out of my left eye. When I cover my right eye everything is blurry far and near. I also get headaches atleast 5 times a week. They did thorough tests for around 45 minutes on many machines. I had two workers check my eye for a second opinion and they concluded that there is fluid in my left eye. They rang the hospital explaining and they said I need to go to the hospital urgently today (yesterday). At the hospital the lady didn't do as thorough tests as specsavers did and didn't take a photo or scan of my eye. She said she couldn't see fluid so all that's left is to go back in a months time for a prescription for glasses. Last night specsavers manager called me and asked how the hospital went, whilst on the phone I asked them if they saw fluid and he confirmed that yes they definitely saw fluid. If the hospital has missed this when what can it be? I have a month to wait till I have another appointment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.There are many things it could be.If you did not have a dilated eye exam by an ophthalmologist at the hospital then you need to see an eye surgeon (ophthalmologist) tomorrow morning.You might even need to have a special test called an OCT or even possibly see a retina specialist for a fluorescein angiogram of your retina.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Do NOT wait a month!