How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11885
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

My son has always had an slight outward turn in his eye he

Customer Question

my son has always had an slight outward turn in his eye he is know 30 years old and is just getting over an eye infection but his eye is now looking worst than it has ever been
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

can you upload a picture of his turned in eye?

does he normally wear glasses?

What is his best vision in each eye?

What kind of eye infection?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi there, yes i am able to upload a picture, my son is supposed to wear glasses but has not done so for a few years, his vision is better from his right eye and his left eye is lazy, as for the eye infection we believe it was from dust irritation in work,his doctor prescribed him with a course of antibiotics (co-amoxiclav) and also gave him eye drops(chloramphenicol). my son has no other medical problems
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information and the picture.

That is not a very large angle of deviation in primary gaze.

Depending on what surgery he had before, and how well he is able to maintain fixation, his eyes can probably be made straight again with another surgery.

This surgery is done by a pediatric ophthalmologist as they are the best trained doctors for eye deviation (strabismus)

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS