How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11886
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

My eyes see double. & I have a very dry throat & toung

Customer Question

my eyes see double. & I have a very dry throat & toung
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Does the double vision change if you close one eye?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

How long has this been going on?

Do you have any other visual problems?

Does the double vision get better with blinking?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I close one eye sight is ok. open them again back to d/v. this has been happening 4 about 2 weeks now. went to optition. she did not find anything wrong. I need glasses for reading. no the d/v does not get better by blinking. I have epilepsy for which I take lamotrigine. I olso take an antidepresion tablet. both which have been taking for a long time..
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

There can be many causes for your double vision.

At this point, from what you have posted, you really need a complete examination by an ophthalmologist (eye MD) as your issues are beyond the ability of an optician to deal with.

If possible you should try to consult with a pediatric ophthalmologist as they are the best trained doctors to deal with adult double vision like yours.

This is not something that you should put off getting evaluated.....

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS