wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

I have had a replacement lens fitted in my right eye in

I have had a replacement lens fitted in my right eye in 2012.I had 2 procedures with different specialists to align the lens correctly.Due to a childhood trauma resulting in stitches to the eye the lens does not remain 100% accurately placed and pulls slightly leaving me with arched vision and secondary blur especially with electric lights.
How long would I wait on NHS to have the lens replaced.
My current vision means I cannot upgrade my multifocal glasses and I have been urged to contact my doctor to arrange a consultancy interview in order to secure a procedure.
Where is the best place for this? Liverpool/Southport
Cardiff
Huddersfield.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

If I were in your shoes I would gather up all my records, including my operative notes and consult with the eye surgeons at Liverpool/Southport.

You will get state of the art care there and, if they can't fix this, then nobody can.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS