Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Many years of outpatient practice managing eye injuries and common disorders
18722459

During an exercise class it appeared that something was

During an exercise class it appeared that something was floating in front of my eyes, I tried to remove it but realised it was something to do with my left eye, there are lots of tiny dots and squiggly lines that look a little like trails of blood! Can you help?

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Carol--how long did this last?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is still there but getting slightly better, started 60 mins ago

These are called floaters--changes in the density of the vitreous humor--the jelly in your eye ball

In general they aren't dangerous but since yours suddenly occurred there may be a tug on your retina that might lead to a partial retinal detachment

So I suggest you see your doctor as soon as possible for an eye exam

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you but i am very unhappy I have just been charged £29 for this answer and £32 for a call I have not received. That is a total rip off and I am in the process of calling my bank!!!

I couldn't do a phone call right now and you weren't charged for it

And unless you give a positive rating for my service to you nothing is withdrawn from your deposit

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well if that is the case I apologise! My account at the moment has two amounts sitting in it, one for £29 and the other for £32.02 im assuming I will only be charged £29?

Yes--only the 29 pounds

Sorry for the confusion but I'm just a user of this site like you--I have absolutely nothing to do with the pricing and fees at JustAnswer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Could my condition be brought on by dry eye disease? (which i do suffer from)

No--there wouldn't be a connection there

I myself have floaters--had them for years

And as I said usually they're nothing to worry about

But when someone gets several of them out of the blue that does warrant an eye exam to check the retinas