wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

LE TRAUMA WITH BERLINS EDIMA WITH SECONDARY GLAUCOMA WITH

Customer Question

LE BLUNT TRAUMA WITH BERLINS EDIMA WITH SECONDARY GLAUCOMA WITH SUBLUXATED LENS
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: NOTHING MUCH CAN THIS BE CURED
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I AM NOT SURE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

tell me more about the particulars of the trauma

Can you upload a copy of your eye exam chart?

How high did your IOP go?

How many clock hours of angle recession do you have?

What aspect of your eye damage are you wondering can be cured?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
here i attach the file for complete reports .pl have a look
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

I have reviewed your records.

You have received excellent care and seem to be doing as well as can be expected at this point.

In addition to the glaucoma and subluxated lens you also had a large full thickness macular hole.

I see where they recommended a vitrectomy with gas/fluid exchange, ILM peel, endolaser and possibly silicone oil placement.

Putting in silicone oil with your subluxated lens and glaucoma ball valve implant might be problematic. The retina doc may want to have your lens removed and a PCIOL either places in what remains of the capsular bag (if it is stable enough) or sewn in place.

As you have already been told your prognosis for ending up with more than "getting around" vision in that eye is very guarded.

So. What is the take home message?

Keep doing what you are doing with the ophthalmologists you are working with. You are getting very good care.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS