Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

I have raised yellowing areas of my eyes, primarily the part

Hi there, I have raised yellowing areas of my eyes, primarily the part that uncovered by my lids when open
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?
Customer: no it's been there for a year or more and looks worse some days than others the main issue is aesthetic
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question for you.

Does it look something like this?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pterygium&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjtkPS2oIDkAhVGgI8KHcvDAk4Q_AUIESgB&biw=1536&bih=754

Or is it like the following images?

https://webeye.ophth.uiowa.edu/eyeforum/atlas/pages/Pinguecula/index.htm

I look forward to your reply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi there,
It looks like Pinguecula to me...
Kind regards,
Emily

Hello Emily,

Thank you for the reply.

If it does look like a Pinguecula, then I guess nothing to worry. It is only a cosmetic problem and it does not grow or cause any problem to the eye. Most of the times it is left untreated because of its subtle harmless nature. Only in rare cases, on the request of the individual , it might be excised for cosmetic purpose only.

If you are ready to accept its presence, you can just learn to ignore it.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Dr.A.S.Desai