MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr
Experience:  MD since 1994
239748

My glasses prescription is R -1.00 - 0.75 160 L - 1.50 -

Hello. My glasses prescription is R -1.00 - 0.75 160 L - 1.50 - 0.50 35. My glasses are great, I see well but I wanted contact lenses after a few months so went to a different optician. I struggled with the contacts immediately but was told I needed to get used to them but they were awful and gave me headaches every morning. I called to ask for the prescription and it was R +0.75 - 0.75 150 L - 0.50 (no other information) I asked why there was such a difference and they said it was normal but it can't have been as I couldn't see. Are they correct? Surely I'm the only person who can say that they aren't right. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for contacting the medical experts,
This is certainly not correct.
Please go back to your optician and get the refraction confirmed.
The numbers do not match.
This is the reason for your poor vision.
Please remember to leave a positive rating if you found the answer helpful as this is the only way we are compensated for the time and effort spent answering your question,
You can always get back for any clarifications even after rating me,
Warm regards