Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Problem with burning sensation, tired eyes, i feel constant

Problem with burning sensation, tired eyes, i feel constant pain in my eyes, its like somebody will give me a punch in my eyes. In the evenings i need to blink very often to soothe the burning sensation. I use Systane Balance lubricant eye drops, but it helps only for 10 min. Please help me to find any medicine to get rid of this.
Just to add, i recently checked my vision and all tests went fine.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...I understand your concern.

I am sorry for your symptoms. What you are trying to do is only a symptomatic management whcih might not always work unless the root cause is addressed.

I think we need to consider here -

1. Keratoconjunctivitis sicca

2. Ocular allergy

3. Sjogren's syndrome

4. Need to work up for other auto immune conditions please.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your answer. Can you please specify which medicine can cure the issues as addressed in the first 3 points ? Maybe I will be able to go to local chemist for some antibacterial eye drops to solve the problem. At the moment I have no time to go to doctors as they are useless anyway... I am in United Kingdom and ever since i been to eye doctors - they never had a clue what is actually going. Then i had to back to Poland (my mother country) and go to any eye doctor - guess what - solution was provided in first 10 minutes of the appointment. Problem solved... but here in UK , i have a filling we do not have proper eye doctors...
As of now you can try cromolyn sodium eye drops one drop three times a day for a period of 6 to 8 weeks.But I'm afraid this might require prescription.Otherwise teardrops like carboxymethylcellulose should be helpful.Hope this helps!