Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

An optician in my local specsavers put some drops in my eyes

Customer Question

An optician in my local specsavers put some drops in my eyes since that day I can't see anything without glasses my vision just when blurry and and a clear glass star-like shape appeared in my eyes. I have photos of my eyes after the drops was put in my eyes to today
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: Yes on the day I thought my head was coming off is being since
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Never an eye problem
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question for you.

Many a times a cycloplegic eye drops is put in the eyes for wet retinoscopy. This helps to detect the actual amount of power of your spectacles. Depending on the age of the person, different types of cycloplegic eye drops are put. In very young children Atropine is preferred while in older children Homatropine eye drops or cyclopentolate eye drops are given. The effect of dilation of pupil varies with maximum of 2 weeks in case of atropine while 36-72 hours in case of Homide or Cyclopentolate eye drops. If your blurred vision persists, then it is better to either review with the optometrist or ophthalmologist.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Dr.A.S.Desai

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why am I charged £34 rather than £5

Sorry but I cannot answer this question for you. You may please contact the customer care for the query on charges.