wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

My mother is 81 year old she has Parkinson's and before 10

My mother is 81 year old she has Parkinson's and before 10 days she has an Urinary infection with fever .now she is good and the Urinary infection finish but with same day she has also eye problems with one eye only it red and has pain in it and can not open and too much water coming for it .the doctor gave her some drops and become good and we stop the drops
Today the same problem come back to her and an eye doctor make for here home viisit and gave her drops and tell me the surface of the eye has infection
But he tell me also that in this eye the pupil is not responding for the lights.. it size not chang by the lights and this problem is only in one eye which has infection and he will make more test after 5 days and now I am very afraid
My questions
1- is this dangerous ?is this mean she may have a problem in brain?this is the most important question to me
2-if not where it may be the problem will be?
3-what the cause of it?
4-is this mean she may to be not able to see in this eye in future .. now she can see good for her age
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Is she being treated by an ophthalmologist?

What are the names of the drops she is on?

Does one of them have a red top?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes she is treated by ophthalmologist
The drop names are
1-evolve
2-ChloramphenIcol-10 ml
And please as soon as you can answer me questions which I put in my first post up regarding that her right pupil is not responding for the lights and the left is responding
I am very afraid

It sounds like she may have uveitis (inflammation inside the eyeball) although it is hard to say without examining her at the slit lamp. This could cause her pupil to get "stuck".

Of course, there are other conditions that can keep her pupil from responding.

An ophthalmologist is the best trained doctor to treat your mother.

If you could upload a picture of her ophthalmology notes I would be happy to go over them with you.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Experience: I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.