Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have been using flm ophthalmic suspension fluorometholone

Customer Question

Hi I have been using flm ophthalmic suspension fluorometholone drops.. 1 week 4 times a day then 3 times 2times then 1 times a week...for a viral eye infection. How long does it take for a viral eye infection to clear and round it be ok for me to finish drops early as they are starting to irritate my eyes?
Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Checked 2 weeks ago vision is fine
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I suffer with anxiety and was wondering if I am making pain worse either worrying
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Its not ok to stop the drops early. You should complete the entire course. It may take weeks for athe sym;toms of viral conjunctivitis to resolve. Without treatment, you are at increase risk of corneal injury. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please reply with any questions you may have. Thank you for coming to Just Answer for help.