wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

I am writing on behalf of my 9 year old daughter. She has

Hi,I am writing on behalf of my 9 year old daughter. She has had an eye test a couple of months ago and has strong glasses. I noticed recently these white arches above her pupils in both eyes. My husband and I both have similar arches and were told it's cholesterol. Could it be the same for our daughter at such a young age?There is no heart disease as far as I am aware of in the family and she is quite healthy

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Can you upload her glasses Rx?

Can you upload a picture of this arc?

Does your daughter have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
She thankfully does not have any other medical problems
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I tried to add a photo but I am not sure why it didn't upload
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can't find her latest prescription but her details in Feb 2019 were 6.50 for the right eye and 6.50 for the left eye. In sept I believe it went higher to around 7 in each
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is there a way to upload the photo Dr?

You can use the paperclip on your screen once you have the picture on your computer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your patience, I will be at a pc shortly, thank you again for
all your help
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hi again, attached is a photo of my daughter's eyes. i tried to get a close up as much as i could. i hope it helps. i look forward to hearing from you

That is not from cholesterol.

That looks like the perfectly normal transition zone from clear cornea to normal scleral tissue.

I do not see anything wrong with her eyes in the picture.

So. What to do?

If you are still concerned then have her examined by an Ophthalmologist (Eye Surgeon). This way you can be sure nothing is wrong.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS