wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

I have a small frame-like things around the pupil. I don’t

Customer Question

I have a white small frame-like things around the pupil. I don’t feel it uncomfortable but still worried about that
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Photo
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Actually it is inside the pupil. The lower left side of it
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you wear contacts?

How long have you noticed these?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
21, female, yes, a few days ago but I think knew it from long ago but ignored it
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can I get an answer here?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

Our time zones don't match up very well.....it is now 4 am here -- good morning!

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 13 days ago.

It doesn't really show up very well in your picture.....

The good news?

I do not see any evidence of a corneal ulcer or anything serious.

Do you think you might be able to get someone to help you try and get a picture that shows the lesion a bit clearer?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I think it could be pseudogerontoxon
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
T
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Similar to this
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 days ago.

The only way to know with certainty what is going on would be to have an ophthalmologist (eye MD) take a look at your eye using the slit lamp.

If all you had to do in order to diagnose ocular problems is look at pictures on the internet I could have saved a lot of time and skipped four years of undergraduate college, four years of medical school, four years of ophthalmology residency training and two years of a retina fellowship ;-)

In the end I bet you are going to be just fine.

Does this make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS