Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

Patient has a damaged optic nerve in the left eye and

patient has a damaged optic nerve in the left eye and limited vision in the right eye,he describes objects incorrectly eg a small christmas tree was described as a dog and a fan became an amplifier,is there a name for this condition
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: patient is undergoing treatment from a consultant opthalmologist
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: patient has problems with high occular pressure eg 42 this is being treated with laser and injections into both eyes

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question for you.

Iguess there is no name for this condition or atleast I am not aware of any. However I suspect that with a damaged optic nerve in the left, which probably has no useful vision and limited vision in the right eye, the images might be pretty blurred which makes him assume what the object could likely be. Looks like he has more than one eye problem and the visual problem is multifactorial. His ophthalmologist can throw more light in this regard as he in the only one to have examined the patient's eyes.

Hope this helps you to take the right decision. Take care.

Do remember to rate this response positively if it was up to your expectation/satisfaction. Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Dr.A.S.Desai

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,my feeling is that the brain is not receiving the images correctly from the damaged optic nerve.