MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr
Experience:  MD since 1994
239748

Been taking Chloramphenicol for an eye infection since the

Been taking Chloramphenicol for an eye infection since the 29th December. One eye is better but the left eye still infected.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: 4th of Jan. I also take thyroxine actually what I wanted to tell you is I feel prexxure in my head and a tightning of my jaw plus am having dizzy spells?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am wondering if this is a side effect of the eye medication so I have stopped taking it. I felt a little better but am still feeling dizzy and have pressure in my jaw and a headache. I have taken a Nurofen
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Chloramphenicol eye drops will not cause these problems.
It is possible that the infection that has been partly treated may be causing some of the symptoms.
Take plenty of fluids. Continue nurofen as needed and see your physician as soon as feasible.
Please remember to leave a positive rating if you found the answer helpful as this is the only way we are compensated for the time and effort spent answering your question,
You can always get back for any clarifications even after rating me,
Warm regards *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Helpful thank you.

I am happy that you found the reply helpful, however need a small favor from you,

Please remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING if you found the answer helpful as this is the only way we are compensated for the time and effort spent answering your question,
Warm regards
Dr Gaurav Gupta