Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I constantly have itchy watery eyes. The optician has

Customer Question

I constantly have itchy watery eyes. The optician has treated me for blepharitus and dry eye disease but I think maybe my tear ducts inflame from irritants around and don’t work properly.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: A few months now. I think central heating doesn’t help and windy conditions outside, pet hairs possibly. I seem to be allergic to my life!!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i have a history of eczema but seem to have grown out of that for years now. It is only my eyes that are suffering but it does get me down
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

have you used over the counter allergy eye drops like Zaditor?

you may benefit from taking allergy medications as well to help your eyes

you can take Allegra (fexofenadine) or Zyrtec (cetrizine) or Claritin (loratadine) daily

and use a steroid nasal spray like Nasocort (triamcinolone) or Rhinocort (budesonide) or Flonase (fluticasone)

you can also use Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 25-50mg at night time which can help

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I get some steroid drops to just settle things down or can I use eumovate on the skin around my eyes briefly to settle things. I worry that the steroid cream might affect my eyes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have tried pretty much all the over the counter things you have suggested.

you have to see your GP doctor for prescription treatment

we don't give out prescriptions here to clients online