How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 56915
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I constantly have itchy watery eyes. The optician has

Customer Question

I constantly have itchy watery eyes. The optician has treated me for blepharitus and dry eye disease but I think maybe my tear ducts inflame from irritants around and don’t work properly.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: A few months now. I think central heating doesn’t help and windy conditions outside, pet hairs possibly. I seem to be allergic to my life!!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i have a history of eczema but seem to have grown out of that for years now. It is only my eyes that are suffering but it does get me down
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 days ago.

have you used over the counter allergy eye drops like Zaditor?

you may benefit from taking allergy medications as well to help your eyes

you can take Allegra (fexofenadine) or Zyrtec (cetrizine) or Claritin (loratadine) daily

and use a steroid nasal spray like Nasocort (triamcinolone) or Rhinocort (budesonide) or Flonase (fluticasone)

you can also use Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 25-50mg at night time which can help


Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can I get some steroid drops to just settle things down or can I use eumovate on the skin around my eyes briefly to settle things. I worry that the steroid cream might affect my eyes.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have tried pretty much all the over the counter things you have suggested.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 days ago.

you have to see your GP doctor for prescription treatment

we don't give out prescriptions here to clients online