Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I have a CSR in my right eye after getting successful

I have a CSR in my right eye after getting successful treatment for the same condition in my left eye last January which lasted for 1year this time my right eye vision is blurred and I find it difficult to see with both eyes open. Is there anything I can do while awaiting treatment and how should I expect to wait for treatment. Thanks
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: 2 weeks, I will get headache if I don't wear a patch over the eye
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Type 1 diabetic

Hello, my name is ***** ***** an ophthalmologist in the USA.

what treatment did you have before?

when did you first notice the swelling of the right eye?

how old are you and what line of work do you do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dr, I received laser treatment for the left eye and I noticed the vision impaired on 5of April which a scan confirmed the next day. I'm 41 , a retail store manager

thank you for the reply.

csr is a condition where fluid builds up under the retina. the good news is that the fluid will resolve in most patients on its own within 3-6 months. focal laser or PDT laser helps the fluid to go away much faster.

the biggest risk factor for csr is stress (such as work or other life effects). work on reducing stress to help reduce the eye swelling. uncontrolled diabetes can cause a physicial stress on your body, so make sure to keep your blood sugar under control.

hopefully, the fluid will go away without needing any laser. you'll have a better idea in about 1 month or so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, what I am worried about is the recurrence of the CSR and the vision imparement is quite difficult to work with. Having to wait months for treatment is concerning. While my job is stressful I would like to think I am good at managing it.

hi, i can see how frustrating it is to have blurry/distorted vision.

work with your doctor to see if they can expedite an office visit.