Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  and eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I've suddenly developed conjunctivitis, what can I do?

Customer Question

JA: The Ophthalmologist can help. To begin, have you experienced any changes or blurriness in your vision? Eye pain? Are your eyes dry or bloodshot?
Customer: there's redness in the white part of the eye and a prickly pain - I've had it before.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: came on over the last 12 hours, but got worse when I lay down to sleep.
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Ophthalmologist should know?
Customer: I had Uveitis 2 months ago, which was treated by an opthalmologidst successfully with steroid drops. I finished the course about 2 weeks ago. [I've had uveitis a few times before, as I have ankylosing spondylitis]
Category: Eye
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 17 days ago.

Good morning, I am Dr Elliot and hope I can help. Do you have any of the symptoms of Uveitis still? And is there any discharge from the eye?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No discharge and none of the tenderness on slight pressure that I get with uveitis. It seems to be a surface prickling pain and redness on the nasal side of the eye ( left eye)

If it is conjunctivitis then if you are near a late night pharmacy you could purchase Chloramphenicol. But I think it would be reasonable to wait until the morning and go to a local pharmacist

Is there anything else you would like help with?