Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

My partner suffers allergy reaction to pollen. Blocked Nose

My partner suffers allergy reaction to pollen.
Blocked Nose and itchy eye for over 3 weeks.
Took over the counter medication - Blocked Nose sorted with Cetirizina and Saline solution.
But the itchy eye is not going - Has been going on for 3 weeks and is not getting any better. Is extremely frustrating for him
The eye drops taken are: AFLUON 0,5

Good evening, I am Dr Elliot and hope I can be of help

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello Dr Elliot

If he is using antihistamine drops and an oral antihistamine with ongoing symptoms, then it would be time to increase to a strong anti-histamine (Fexofenadine) and increase the strength of the nasal spray to include a steroid. These will often suppress the symptoms quickly, certainly if continued with the eye drops.

It may be worth chatting with the pharmacist in the morning who may suggest something stronger that is available over the counter, but the other medication I refer to will need to be prescribed by your GP.

Does that help answer you question?

If so, please could you kindly rate my response by clicking the stars at the top, this is the only way that I can be credited for responding to questions, many thanks