Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My brother's eye got hit by a tennis ball hard 2 days ago.

Customer Question

my brother's eye got hit by a tennis ball hard 2 days ago. it was extremely painful for him for the first afternoon and night. but second day was better. but now his eye's vision is very poor,(his injured eye is short sighted since very young age ). now his injured eye's vision is very blurry, can only see white in front of eye and a rough shape if a person is standing in frount of him.
JA: The Ophthalmologist can help. To begin, how long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: no headache
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your brother's medical history the Ophthalmologist should know?
Customer: and cant see anything wrong with the outside of the eye. only that his injured eye is short sighted since young, he can see only 3 to 4 meters away without glasses before the injury
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Is there any visible eye swelling or redness of the eye?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Are you there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there was some swelling the first night. then it went away
and cant see any redness inside the eye
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Please wait, I am typing an answer and it may take 10 minutes to write a detailed answer. In the meantime, if you have any specific question, please let me know.

If you want a phone call, I am available to call you but please ignore the call request if you don't want it. If you don't accept and attend it, you will not be charged and if you get charged, you will get an automatic refund. We can stay in the chat as well. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This should be taken as an emergency because the blurring of the vision means that he has got some injury to either his cornea or in the back of his eye at the retina. You should immediately take him to the A & E because there is always a risk of losing the vision completely and the earlier treatment is expected to yield a better result. Please don't ignore this, I wish him good luck and that he gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. A 5-star rating is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It's my goal to deliver excellent services, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site. Regards