Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

2 weeks ago, i had a twig go into my eye. There was no pain

2 weeks ago, i had a twig go into my eye. There was no pain and i went to A&E to get it checked. They used a stain and said i had a small scratch lower left portion of the eye. I was given some antibiotic cream.. however the eye is less sharp in distance noticiably. There is no pain and it sometimes waters.. I havent been able to get a checkup.. but could i of lost vision.. will it still be healing?

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff. Thank you for contacting us this evening.

I am sorry that you have injured your eye. I assume they put a orange drop in called Fluorosceine. This would identify the scratch. If this is all they say, this is reassuring. The antibiotic drop is used to help it heal and stop it from becoming infected.

The cream was likely Chloramphenicol ointment. If this has finished but you still have some symptoms I would ask your Pharmacist for some Chloramphenicol drops to use as they are available over the counter. As it has been over two weeks I would also attend an Urgent Treatment Centre or Accident and Emergency for them to re-examine your eye.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks - it was a cream to use for 5 days only then discard. I will try to get another checkup..asap .. i hope this isn't permanent vision loss if its been over 2 weeks? its been causing me some anxiety... as i say its on distance when trying to read things.. up close seems ok ...

I would doubt this is permanent, but I can understand your concern. I hope you get this sorted soon.