Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I would like to know the best treatment for glaucoma to

I would like to know the best treatment for glaucoma to regaine your sight
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: It is for my mother she has had two cataracts removed in mid 2019 and the pressure was high in her eyes but with diet it has reduced but her eyes are still cloudy and hardly can see anything
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: The kast time my mum had her eyes checked was 3 weeks ago and has anotber appointment on the 04.05.21 her pressure in her left eye has refuces from 23 to 14 and her vision in her right eye has reduced from 25 to 19
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes i forgot to mention my mum has type 2 diabetes which is controlled thats it i have mentioned everything

Hi, thank you for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear about mum's eyesight. Treatment for glaucoma is usually with eyedrops, they would include prostagalandin drops such as Xalatan (latanoprost), beta blocker drops such as timolol or carbonic anhydrase inhibitors such as pilocarpine. They are specialist drugs so prescription only. Having said that 12-22mmHg is considered the normal range for occular pressure so I would suggest that whatever treatment she is on is actually doing the job correctly. Did the optician give a reason for the ongoing blurry vision as
I'm not convinced it's due to the glaucoma if pressures are actually in control.

There are other options such as laser therapy, drainage tubes or minimally invasive glaucoma surgery too. If her vision is still so impaired despite normal pressures I would strongly argue that she ought to see an ophthalmologist again for review.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Dr Shahid Karim thanks for the advice given much appreciated and sorry that i could not give a tip i would have loved to but i lost my job during the covid lockdown reasons why and it makes sense on what you have mentioned and advised i was informed by a well known herbalist in trinidad that the problem with people suffering with glaucoma is that there is a nest of parasites eating the fluid at the back of the eyes and if the blood is cleaned and the kidneys are cleaned properly after two weeks of taking a special remedy my mother would start to regain her vision after two weeks as the nest of parasites would have disappered this herbalist have helped many to regaine their site but the remedy is exspensive so im looking for a more cheaper option reason why i got in touch with just answer as im really worred for my mum i will get back to you for further advice
Sandra

You're so welcome Sandra, I sincerely ***** *****'s vision improves soon. If you could leave a positive review I'd be really grateful. Wishing you and mum the very best :)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok i will do that you deserve it

much appreciated, thank you.