MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr
Experience:  MD since 1994
239748

I wanted to know if it is possible that an operation for

Customer Question

Hi, I wanted to know if it is possible that an operation for cataracts will help anisometropia, I may have to have the cataracts dealt with and I have noticed that because my corrections are so different (-8.00 and -12.5) that I am having problems with driving, unless of course I close one eye! So I was wondering whether my hopefully forthcoming cataract operation will help in this regard.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Last checked 21st June
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No thanks, ***** ***** fine and there are no other problems that I am aware of.
Category: Eye
Expert:  MD Doc replied 10 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Gupta and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It appears that I have been charged an additional £38.00, which was not agreed.
I agreed a charge of £5.00 but no further charges were authorised.
Expert:  MD Doc replied 10 days ago.

This is Dr Gupta,
I am just a user like you, and I would be glad to help out in anyway that I can,
In case you are looking for a refund, kindly approach Just Answer Customer Service assistance.
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us
Here you can chat, call, or send a support request. Or you can email directly to***@******.***
In the meanwhile, I will try to answer your question,

YES, the cataract surgery can certainly help with the anisometropia, the lens that will be inserted will be of different corrections so as to make both eyes have a similar vision, and you will be able to drive better and without the need to closing your one eye :)
Talk to your treating eye doctor about this as well,

Cheers

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Most grateful for your reply, Thank You, ***** *****! (Hopefully)
Expert:  MD Doc replied 10 days ago.

:)
Absolutely,
Glad to be able to help out,
Please do consider giving a Bonus and leave positive feedback too,
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,
Warm regards & stay safe