DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

My eye hurts after I accidentally had the self scanner gun

Customer Question

My eye hurts after I accidentally had the self scanner gun and it was working so I turned and looked at it and pointed it at me not thinking but pressed it and it flashed in my eye yesterday and eyes have been hurting since
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: Yes and my vision is fine just pain
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The self scanner gun wasnt working* it's a weird pain and is worse when looking at any light
Expert:  DoctorAnil replied 14 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

And I would serve you with care and patience.

First I need to ask a few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns; I am preparing & typing the questions now, and I will follow up with you.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Redness, watering of eyes, itching, burning?

Swelling around eyes?

Blurred vision?

Headache, dizziness?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thank you!

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Swelling around eyes?

Blurred vision?

Headache, dizziness?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Slight burn but more so pain in the middle and yes slight dizziness but didnt last too long and a headache too off and on, thank you

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

And it’s my first privilege to pay attention and provide you with suggestions to relieve your discomfort/ worry.

Well as you describe, You should use OTC Zaditor eye drops 2 times a day alternately with OTC Systane eye drops.
Apply cool compresses on your eyes and clean your eyes with soft cotton balls soaked in cool water.

Take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

If the pain would persist then see an ophthalmologist

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.