Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

My son 24 years old accidentally pierced his eye (iris and

My son 24 years old accidentally pierced his eye (iris and pupil) with a screwdriver. Initially he rushed to hospital and they operated on him immediately to replace the lens of his eye. Now two months later they have suggested a second surgery to correct his vision. However he tells me he will be required to sit for 50 minutes an hour with his head in a special position for 10 days. I am not sure if he has understood the instructions?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: He has had a couple of appointments to check his eyes and is scheduled for cataract surgery this monday 22nd
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your son's 24 year old's medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No he is generally healthy.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

I am sorry to hear this. He is correct, there is a gas bubble after the surgery so will need to spend so much time in a certain position

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Will he really be required to sit for 50 minutes an hour every day fo 10 days?

They will often tell you to lay on your side for set amount of time throughout the day. 50 minutes every hour does sound incredibly excessive so I would doubt this is how much he needs to do it